To support libraries in their open-access activities, the KOBV-Zentrale provides as a service: Installation and operation of local publication servers in a common environment as well as archiving of electronic documents in library-specific repositories. In this context, the KOBV-Zentrale is the Application Service Provider (ASP) for all technical components of the publication process.
This service includes:
- Provision of a high-performance server with high reliability
- Libraries do not have buy and operate a server on their own.
- Operation and maintenance of the software (Opus) is done by the KOBV-Zentrale
- Installation of the library-specific Opus instance
- Installation of releases and upgrades
- Migration to higher software versions
- Migration of existing publication servers, if required
- Data archiving
- Provision of storage space
- Data management, reliable data storage and back-up services
- Permanent addressing of documents via URN
- Provision of open interfaces (OAI-PMH)
- Consulting with respect to DINI certification and provision of the technical infrastructure for the DINI certification
Participants / References
General Conditions & Contact Persons
More about the "Opus & Archiving" Service
More about Opus & Demo Version
Flyer: "Opus- und Archivierungsdienste"