KOBV is the Service Centre for the library community in Berlin und Brandenburg and for users from education and science.
- Its goal is to increase the availability of library resources and the range of library services.
- By the use of Web-based, integrative systems it enables access to different types of media for the involved user groups.
- Costs for libraries are lowered by means of a service portfolio for libraries and users - in particular by the development of automated services.
The basic principles of the KOBV are:
- a decentralized, networked and learning form of organisation
- integration of heterogeneous technical systems into the library network
- promotion of innovation at KOBV libraries
- continuous advancement of the KOBV concept
- co-operation on national and international level and
- an open communication culture